Thursday, August 9, 2018

Busy Day


It was a nice cool morning to go plein air painting today. However, due to some electrical workers and construction at our site for today the street parking was closed. I know that construction is necessary but I think we’ve had a great deal of it this summer. Alright, enough crabbing. As it turned out we made the best of it and were able to do some painting, sketching and of course talking. I love this group of gals. We really enjoy being outdoors and doing what we love to do.


I’m not sure whether I will put color on this or not. I guess “not” for now.

After lunch “Taqueria El Ranchito” (one of my favorites) we drove up to Auburn to drop off some art supplies to a friend. As we drove through town my buddy (Barb) said she liked the tower on the building on the corner. I guess it used to be the Auburn City Hall and now it has a “police” sign in one of the windows. Whatever, it has an interesting and unique tower so we pulled over and sat in the car and sketched it.

I’m not used to starting with watercolor but I thought I’d give it a try. Definitely not able to get much detail in. Nothing like the first one of the church from this morning. Just fun and play.


On my way home I happened to spot 3 deer munching grass beside the road. By the time I turned around all I could get was one of the little ones.



Isn’t he cute?     K



No comments: