Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Kekionga Plein Air Event

We had a great weekend for the plein air paint out. Weather was perfect on Thursday. I’ve been wanting to paint the Bass Mansion at St Francis for some time so the time had come. It has been a while since I’ve used my oil paints but I decided to give it a go.

            
I was pleased with it. Rather large for a plein air piece. 16x20.

The next day several of us painted at Lakeside park. I don’t like to haul too mich equipment very far so we parked on the street and painted the flowers that were close by.


 That evening there was a quick draw or better called a quick paint. You have 1 1/2 hours to finish a painting. Then they are judged and prizes are awarded. I decided to just bring my sketch book along and draw and wander around to watch everybody else. My there are some talented artist here.


On Saturday it stormed and rained hard in the morning but cleared off for the afternoon when everyone was to bring their paintings downtown to be judged and put up for sale. It’s all during the Taste Of The Arts festival weekend so there are gobs of people all over the streets around Freimann Square.

Tents and stuff in front of the museum. Need to learn to put people in my drawings. 
I think I’ll start working on that...  k



No comments: